A full-year classroom teaching internship in the public schools in lieu of El Ed 400, student teaching.
|Hours||8.0 - 12.0 Credit, Arr Lecture, Arr Lab|
|Prerequisites||Prior application; requires a total GPA of 3.00, at least a C grade in all major and minor courses; FBI fingerprint background clearance.|
|Note||See Education Student Services for application dates.|
|Programs||Containing EL ED 496R|
El Ed 496R Course Outcomes
Participating in the Public School Setting
The intern will:
- reflect with the intent to improve practice.
- establish and maintain an effective learning environment.
- effectively manage children in all facets of a school setting.
- be a full-time teacher for one school year.
- apply knowledge from various content courses as they relate to teaching in an elementary classroom.
- apply knowledge of various pedagogical methods for planning, teaching, and assessing and when they are most appropriate.
- consistently engage collaboratively with colleagues and parents.
- demonstrate high levels of professionalism during their internship.
- create a Teacher Work Sample that measures their skills in using contextual factors, planning, assessment, lesson design, interpretation of student performance, and reflection.