El Ed 400R Course Outcomes
Participating in the Public School Setting
The student teacher will:
- observe and reflect with the intent to improve practice.
- effectively manage children in all facets of a school setting.
- increase his or her responsibility until they are operating as the regular classroom teacher.
- apply knowledge from various content courses as they relate to teaching in an elementary classroom.
- apply knowledge of various pedagogical methods for planning, teaching, and assessing and when they are most appropriate.
- demonstrate high levels of professionalism during their student teaching.
- create a Teacher Work Sample that measures their skills in using contextual factors, planning, assessment, lesson design, interpretation of student performance, and reflection.