Pas de Deux
Point of Balance
1. Students will find the point of balance for incomplete and complete turns.
Falling Poses and Promenades
2. Students will learn to perform falling poses and promenades.
3. Students will demonstrate knowledge of three basic turns: finger pirouette, pirouette partnered at the waist, and pirouette partnered at the hand(s) / wrist(s).
Female Lift Placement
4. Students will maintain placement and strength during lifts (Female).
Male Lift Position
5. Students will lift partner above the head with stretched elbows and correct position of the back and head, with knees stretched and heel on the floor (Male).
6. Students will demonstrate focus on partner during combinations while being cognizant of the facial expressions.
7. Students will demonstrate shoulder lift on one side (left or right) with appropriate expression and maintain position for 10 seconds.
Double Pirouette, En Dehors, and En Dedans
8. Students will perform a double pirouette, en dehors and en dedans, when partnered at the waist at least 75% of the time.
Triple Finger Pirouette
9. Perform triple finger pirouettes, en dehors at least 75% of the time.
Correct Partnering Technique
10. Perform technique and partnering skills correctly to avoid injury.
11. Students will achieve traditional manners of courtesy and noble dignity that should be present between the male and female dancers.
Union of Movement
12. Students will achieve an appreciation for the partner's role in creating a union of movement.
13. Students will increase trust between the male and female partner.