Methods in Health Promotion
Categories of Methods and Strategies
1. Identify major categories of public health methods and strategies.
2. Identify the five major categories of methods for public health interventions. Additionally, distinguish between interventions, methods and strategies.
Selection of Methods and Strategies
3. Explain, justify and apply the principles that guide the selection of and implementation of public health methods and strategies to include key factors such as unique community needs, best practice, evidence and effectiveness, political expediency, and cost.
Promote Awareness using Media Products
4. Create awareness/education messages, including media products, to influence stakeholders, policy makers and their constituents on issues of public health importance.
Mobilize and Engage Communities
5. Design plans to engage community members and key stakeholders to become involved in appropriate mobilization, communication, and/or policy strategies.
Advocate for Policy or Environmental Change
6. Identify appropriate advocacy strategies to influence decision makers, or prompt policy change, at organizational and community levels.
7. Enhance personal advocacy, communication, oral presentation, leadership and team-building skills appropriate for health promotion practice.
8. Compare best practice and promising approach health promotion strategies that make up public health interventions.
9. Enhance technical writing, oral presentation, leadership and team-building skills.