ECE 446 Course Outcomes
Teacher candidates will:
- evaluate their personal dispositions, development, and growth toward becoming a teacher of science.
- identify and describe purposes for teaching science in K-3 classrooms.
- explain what science is and how young children learn science, including the knowledge and reasoning skills students must acquire to become proficient in science.
- recognize the practices, crosscutting concepts, and core ideas of science and engineering and how they influence science instruction in K-3 classrooms.
- plan for science instruction for children of various ages, abilities, backgrounds, and exceptionalities, including how to (a) identify appropriate science content from national standards and state core curricula; (b) apply a variety of appropriate teaching methods and strategies to support science learning; (c) integrate science with other disciplines across the early childhood curriculum; and (d) employ appropriate assessment methods and strategies.