Growth and development of the child from conception through adolescence; influences of family, peers, and schools.
Content and Theory
- Comprehend the dynamic and complex interaction among the domains of human development (e.g., biological, cognitive, emotional, social, etc.)
- Critically apply information learned in class to your own life.
- Provide knowledge and skills that will benefit the lives of the children for whom you will have stewardship in this life.
- Acquire a broad base of knowledge of human development.
- Be conversant with the major human development theories as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
Effective Writing and Analysis
Improve your writing and critical thinking skills.
Research and Evaluation Methodologies
Understand the research methodology utilized in the study of human development.