(Soc-WS) Introduction to Global Women's Studies
Basic Knowledge of Women's Studies
1. Students will be able to define and use the critical vocabulary basic to the field of women’s studies.
Social Structures and Women's Lives
2. Students will be able to recognize the ways in which social structures and issues (government, family, education, health-care institutions, the media, etc.) have affected and affect women’s lives.
Women's Contributions and History
3. Students will begin to gain an appreciation of the contributions of women throughout history and internationally.
Research and Communication Skills
4. Students will be able to perform and present research related to women’s studies in oral and written formats.
Behavior and Decision-making
5. Students will begin to make informed choices about their own behavior, health, education, and employment decisions based on their understanding of the role gender plays in relationships and society.