Kinesiology for Dancers
Joint and Muscle Group Movement
1. Identify actions and roles of specific joints and muscle groups while moving and stationary
Correcting Skeletal Alignment
2. Identify correct skeletal alignment, as well as incorrect alignment and skeletal deviations common to dancers.
3. Identify chain reactions of skeletal misalignment, and muscular imbalances that commonly occur in the presence of a given misalignment.
Body Structure and Function
4. Identify individual differences in body structure and function, and outline specific strategies for working with those differences.
Body Education Procedures
5. Outline appropriate procedures to address bodily education/re-education through neurological, muscular and skeletal means.
Area of Specialization
6. Demonstrate explicit knowledge in one self-selected dance and science related topic.