Field Studies Preparation
1. Improve your ability to ask analytical and insightful questions as relates to your experience and express yourself more clearly in writing.
2. Develop cross-cultural skills for entering and navigating a new culture and developing new meaningful relationships with people from often very different backgrounds than you.
3. Further develop a working knowledge of field methods and project design, and develop a clearly written and implementable plan for your field study.
4. Develop a basic understanding of research ethics and the IRB process.
5. Collaborate and learn from others in the BYU Field Studies community.
6. Create realistic expectations of yourself and your academic experience abroad.