Focuses upon the purpose, skills, and doctrines of missionary work and prepares prospective missionaries for a more meaningful MTC and mission experience.
|Hours||2.0 Credit, 2.0 Lecture, 0.0 Lab|
|Note||NOTE: Recommended for all prospective missionaries. This class may not be taken or retaken by returned missionaries or non-LDS students. NOTE: Also offered by BYU Independent Study; enroll anytime throughout year; one year to complete; additional tuition required; register at is.byu.edu.|
|Taught||Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer|
- You will understand the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and associated doctrine and principles related to missionary work revealed by God through prophets, seers, and revelators.
- You will understand the divine purpose of missionary work and the blessings associated with it.
- You will learn and practice skills that will improve missionary effectiveness such as effective gospel study, planning and goal setting, time management, and teaching and extending invitations to others.
- You will create lesson outlines to teach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ more effectively to others.
- You will understand and seek to develop the attributes of Christ as found in Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel.
- You will enhance your knowledge of the doctrine through focused study of God's revealed word to both modern and ancient prophets, with a special emphasis on the Book of Mormon.
- You will be able to teach the missionary lessons effectively to members of the Church and to those who are not members.
- You will understand revealed doctrine and principles in a way that enables you to apply the doctrine and principles in your own life.