Student Activities Program
Jonathan Kau, Director of Student Wellness
112F RB, (801) 422-2846
Emily Andrews, SWELL Course Coordinator
112C RB, (801) 422-7869
The purpose of activity courses is to provide opportunities for students to participate in a wide range of wellness, fitness, and skill-building experiences. Such activities are designed to instill in learners responsible attitudes and behaviors essential to promoting and maintaining a physically active lifestyle throughout life.
SWELL & STAC Courses
Student Wellness offers both SWELL & STAC courses. SWELL courses are open enrollment activity classes that are directly connected to the Student Wellness department. STAC courses are offered as limited enrollment courses for unique student groups (i.e. intercollegiate athletes, extramural club teams, and ROTC).
To receive a BYU bachelor's degree a student must complete, in addition to all requirements for a specific major, the following university requirements:
- The University Core, consisting of requirements in general and religious education. (For a complete listing of courses that meet university core requirements, see here.)
- At least 30 credit hours must be earned in residence on the BYU campus in Provo as an admitted day student
- A minimum of 120 credit hours
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Be in good standing with the Honor Code Office
Students should see their college advisement center for help or information concerning the undergraduate programs.