Music Dance Theatre Program
Admission to Degree Program
This is a limited-enrollment program requiring program admissions approval.
The BFA in Music Dance Theatre (MDT) is an interdisciplinary degree offered by the College of Fine Arts and Communications through the cooperative involvement of its Department of Dance, School of Music, and Department of Theatre and Media Arts.
To receive a BYU bachelor's degree a student must complete, in addition to all requirements for a specific major, the following university requirements:
- The University Core, consisting of requirements in general and religious education. (For a complete listing of courses that meet university core requirements, see here.)
- At least 30 credit hours must be earned in residence on the BYU campus in Provo as an admitted day student
- A minimum of 120 credit hours
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Be in good standing with the Honor Code Office
Students should see their college advisement center for help or information concerning the undergraduate programs.