Effective Teaching Strategies for Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
Characteristics of students with mild/moderate disabilities
1. Describe educational characteristics of students with mild/moderate disabilities.
Planning for instruction
2. Write standards-based PLAAFP statements, IEP and unit goals, and lesson objectives.
Effective teaching cycle
3. Create and use scripted direct instruction lesson plans enacting the effective teaching cycle to address individual student learning needs.
Data-based decision making
4. Demonstrate the design and use of curriculum-based measurements to make instructional decisions.
Multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS)
5. Describe the MTSS concept, processes, and use of progress-monitoring data to make MTSS decisions.