Introduction to Special Education
Human exceptionality and special education
1. Describe human exceptionality, special education law, and school services for students with disabilities.
Cultural, ethnic, and language diversity
2. Describe the effects of cultural, ethnic, and language diversity on the education of individuals with disabilities.
Characteristics, prevalence, and educational implications
3. Describe the characteristics, prevalence, and educational implications of disabilities.
Services and strategies for students with disabilities
4. Define and describe assessment, collaboration, and accommodation for students with disabilities.
12-hour field experience
5. Complete a 12-hour field experience involving volunteer service with students with disabilities.