Social and Behavioral Strategies for Students with Severe Disabilities
|Hours||3.0 Credit, 3.0 Lecture, 0.0 Lab|
|Prerequisites||CPSE 403 or equivalent; CPSE 410; admission to special education program; FBI fingerprint background clearance.|
|Programs||Containing CPSE 443|
Principles of positive behavior support
1. Describe and define the components of school-wide positive behavior support, its relationship with risk and protective factors, and multicultural issues.
Effective classroom management
2. Describe how to organize an effective classroom management system for all students.
Addressing social needs
3. Describe assessment and instruction to address the social needs of individuals and groups of students.
Least Restrictive Behavioral Interventions (LRBI)
4. Describe the various components and appropriate use of Utah's Least Restrictive Behavioral Interventions (LRBI).
Positive behavior support in classrooms
5. Demonstrate principles and practices of positive behavior support in the classroom, including LRBI and multi-level evidence-based practices.