Embedded Computer Systems
Embedded Systems Characteristics and types
- Describe the characteristics that define embedded systems. Be able to identify embedded systems in various applications.
- Describe multiple types of embedded systems
- Describe the systems incorporating embedded systems. Analyze case studies to demonstrate the multiple interacting systems required for a successful application.
- Describe the impact of embedded systems on current and future IT systems.
- Define real-time computing and its relationship to embedded systems
- Describe communication technologies used in embedded systems
- Describe the security vulnerabilities specific to embedded systems
Sensors and Actuators
Describe and analyze sensors and actuators used in embedded systems, including software and hardware requirements
Secure Embedded Systems
Evaluate the security of embedded systems and build multi-device systems based on foundational principles of device security.
Applications and Environments
- Design and create applications for both OS-based and small, non-OS, embedded systems.
- Set up and use appropriate development environments.
Integration of Embedded Systems
Integrate more than one type of embedded system to enable networking, sensing and actuation in an IT environment
Labs and Projects
Present and document labs and projects