Theoretical and Applied Ethics
History and Value of Philosophy
1. Identify major figures and texts in moral and political philosophy, their historical context, their philosophical interrelations, and their importance.
2. Identify the major areas, movements, and issues in the history of Western moral and political philosophy.
Critical and Effective Reading, Writing, and Communicating
1. Write clear, cogent, logically sound, and well-researched essays.
2. Master and apply principles of informal logic, critical thinking, and critical reading.
3. Master university-level written and oral communication skills.
Philosophical and Ethical Applications
1. Apply philosophical knowledge and critical thinking/reading skills in writing papers and solving theoretical, practical, and ethical problems.
2. Integrate philosophical principles with religious and moral convictions.