Success in College Reading
|Hours||2.0 Credit, 2.0 Lecture, 0.0 Lab|
Understanding of Strategies
1. Students will understand and be able to explain each strategy, why it is important, how to do it, and when or under what conditions to apply it.
Application of Strategies
2. Students will be able to select, adapt, and practice the reading strategies that make the greatest contribution to understanding, learning and reasoning from that particular text and situation.
Increased Speed and Comprehension
3. Students will demonstrate improvement from their baseline reading speed and comprehension rates.
4. Students will increase their confidence in being able to read any academic text with engagement and understanding.
Increased Speed Device
5. Students will understand how to use a 'speeding up' device to increase their personal reading speed with comprehension.